Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Agencies are advertising

See the agencies advertising as of late?

Draft FCB have been pretty visible with both TV and print:
Sorry, I can't be bothered scanning this properly. The words you are missing are 'Change' and 'Sucks'. This is in the inside cover as a gate fold of the spanking new Metro magazine (which by the way, read a very interesting review of here). When the gate is folded all you can see is 'Change Sucks'. Kinda clever, definitely would have cost a pretty penny to place.

Can't say I am a massive fan of their TVCs.

At any rate then I noticed TBWA online ads on Stop Press:
I may be missing the point, but what's with the skull flag? Don't get me wrong, I like it, but that's just me, and I am a little strange. I do like the fact that they have embraced online and they link through to a very nicely put together site. Message seems a little odd to be running on Stop Press - not sure exactly who Stop Press' target audience is, but feels very industry to me. Preaching to the converted?

Anyway, something tells me that agencies promoting themselves is going to happen more and more over the next year or so. I'd love to see some crazy massive stunt. Just hope that everyone has learnt from the Wellington agency who (a couple of years ago) took out a full page ad in the Dom Post in conjunction with a client, and got the clients phone number wrong. Was kinda the most crucial part of the whole ad.


No comments: