Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bring the AdShow back

Last night I went to the recording of the final episode of The AdShow Season One. As with all the shows, it was a goodie with interesting guests and lots of laughs.

During the pre-drinks I got to talking with some of the peeps and it would seem as though Season Two has not yet been confirmed. I'm not going to lie, this surprised me. Season One was extended due to it's success. Now - for those of you who roll in the media world - as TVNZ7 is not monitored by Nielsens (the company which reports ratings for TV shows) as there is no advertising on TVNZ7. This means the success of the show is based on the number of online streams on tvnz.co.nz. From what I understand, The AdShow had more streams than any other TVNZ7 show. Good freaking work.

I can understand why this show has done so well. The advertising industry is full of people who know how awesome they are. They have to know how awesome they are, it's part of the job description. The thing that's annoying is that not everyone knows how awesome we are. Sure, there are awards shows where we get to pat ourselves on the back, but hows about some proper recognition? Some adoration from the general population?

Now I've gotta say, I wasn't a fan of seeing myself on television, but it was awful kind of them to invite me on. More than anything, I love trooping along on a Wednesday, watching the magic happen live and meeting the rest of the live audience.

Hazel and Simon do an awesome job and I would love to see the show come back for round 2.

If you agree with me, PLEASE join The AdShow Season Two group on Facebook and invite others who you think want to see more AdShow too. Let's show some solidarity and see more of, well, ourselves!

Who doesn't want to see more of this:
Hot.

No comments: