Friday, October 23, 2009

The lost art of selling, part two

Overall, refer to part one of this, here.

However, I would like to point out that I don't know exactly what is going through some reps heads these days. I would NEVER (and when I say never, I mean I would never even put myself in a situation where I would be so drunk to even think that it was ok to) talk to a client the way reps have spoken to me in the past year.

I can understand having a drink and being friendly with a client, but at some point you have to understand that this is a person that you are selling to. Insulting me, to any degree, is not going to win you any favours.

I would never intentionally leave a medium off because I don't like someone/don't agree with something that they have said, but to be fair, if I acted the way some reps do, our company would lose clients outright over that sort of behaviour.

Just because we drink together every once in a while does not give you free passage.

I don't want to sound like a bitch, but come on. Your job, is customer service, just like mine is. If there is no way that I could get away with such behaviour, I don't see why you should.

No comments: