Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Stuff

So, this morning when I came into work I was greeted by the lovely new Stuff. I must say, I think they have done a lovely job of it.

As a user - things I like:

* It has been built with users in mind, not advertisers
* Customisable homepage - I read my news National, World, then Entertainment, this is perfect
* Well laid out sections. Once you are in National News it is uncluttered has clear order and has it's own menu
* They have taken out the Fairfax network menu from the very top of the page when you are in a news section making it simple to jump between the different kinds of news
* IT'S WHITE! Thank you, I am a simple girl, and there is nothing better than some good white space
* It is simple to navigate back to whatever level you want to, the homepage, national news homepage etc.


As a media buyer - things I don't like:

* It has been built with users in mind, not advertisers
* Removed the option for a half page or skyscraper on the homepage (I'm fine with the top banner going, never liked those)
* Most of the advertising space is below the fold.

But, give me a couple of weeks to play with it some more... I'm sure the advertising kids are happy to make things work.

No comments: