Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Have you been to The Wilderness Down

For a long time I have bitched and moaned about how websites or certain online advertising does not work in Chrome. Being such a Google child I have used Chrome for quite some time and am not a fan of other browsers. Now, as a reward (I feel) Google have started Chrome Experiments which run ONLY on Chrome. As a part of Chrome Experiments there is The Wilderness Down which involves none other than one of my favourite bands (whose new album The Suburbs is awesome) Arcade Fire.

So, you enter your hometown and then it kindly asks you to close down other applications as it takes a bit of processing space apparently.

Now, I wasn't sure what to expect, and I can't explain it in full to you, but it is like taking a multi-window journey into your hometown in a way that you probably thought wasn't possible.
I'm not going to lie, it is not 100% and some of the graphics are a bit naff, but overall it is a beautiful concept set to amazing music.
Where you even get the opportunity to interact and contribute yourself:



Visually stimulating and incredibly engaging - I can only encourage you to click on the link above to take part yourself.

If you don't have Chrome, download it here first.

No comments: