Monday, September 14, 2009

Sucker for good, smart advertising

You would think, that working in the industry I would be slightly less effected by such marketing ploys, however when you combine two of my favourite things, wine and Karen Walker. I will fall at your feet oh wise Marketing Manager/Agency.

A little over a week ago I was sent an email via the Karen Walker mailing list telling me about this promotion:Of course you have to spend some coin to be able to enter, but I checked it out nonetheless:Flights to Auckland, accommodation, limo transfers and $2k to spend at Karen Walker. Really. Where do I sign up?

So, on Saturday I was in the supermarket looking for a nice Pinot to drink tonight and what do I spot but the word Rosemount. A little more than I would normally spend on a bottle of wine, but I thought, why not? I can enter the competition and you never know, I might like it!

There was no instore promotion of the competition other than the neck tag on the bottle, and how the bottles were displayed at New World, you couldn't see them anyway. It was from that one email communication that the word Rosemount stuck in my head. It just shows how making a message as relevant as possible to your audience will help you gain traction.

Very nice. I hope I win!

No comments: