Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Remember my name

I'm gonna live forever, I'm gonna learn how to fly, high!

Total cross blog post, but too bad. This lives between 2 of my favourite worlds, advertising and street art.

So I am a bit of a sucker for the first version of this film, so I am interested to see what the remake is like. What I think they have done very well while promoting this film is their mix of mediums used to push the film. They're doing some pretty serious promotion both in cinema, Readings Courtenay Central is overtaken with promo material, and considering the movies on at the moment (Dance Flick, I love you Beth Cooper, The Ugly Truth) the are talking directly to their audience right there. As well as cinema they are also doing some nice work in the outdoor space. They have used ambient media, and it has been done very nicely. I walked past this street stencil the other night:

and right up the road was the AdShel:Really nice complementary mediums, and great placement too, right outside Massey University.

For movie promoters this must be second hand, but as we move into this kind of promotion I am noticing it more and more, and am more and more
intrigued.

No comments: