Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Please don't make me click more than I need to

Isn't there research somewhere that says you lose 30% of your audience each time you make them click? Or is that one of those random stats that people who are trying to sound like they know what they're talking about fling out there in the hopes no one questions them? Maybe it's proven, I don't know. At any rate, I honestly thought that the last advertiser that would make me click more times than I need to would be Trade Me. Yet:
Here's a close up for you:I click on Boyfriend and I get taken to:
Which makes me click again on 'Gifts for your husband or boyfriend' and then I get taken to this:
Why not take me to this page directly? You're not advertising on these pages, so all that you're doing is hiking impressions and annoying me. Doesn't make sense to me, maybe there is a perfectly valid reason for it though?

No comments: