Monday, May 17, 2010

True Blood & Blood Service

So, Season 3 of True Blood starts on Prime in June (maybe July?). I'm a little excited about this as I am a big fan of True Blood. I have read all of the books (which - heads up, kinda ruins the show a little because you know why things happen) and am hanging out for book 10 which I believe is due out at the end of the month.

Right, now that that is out of the way. Here's a nice little synergy.

A press release came through from SKY last week about The New Zealand Blood Service has teamed up with Hachette New Zealand who publish Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels, and Prime to raise awareness of the need of blood donors.

So, new season of the TV series, new book - lets hit this with full force.

Not sure exactly how they're going to run this on TV, but they have started with the release of the new covers for the Stackhouse books with some nifty stickers

That shot was for the joy of Eric. Here is the close up:
So, this helps, but I have been thinking about donating blood for a while now. I have lots of blood, other people need it. Lets do it.

So - I sent a 'True' text to 515.

Gotta admit - I think this process gets a little but flawed.

I sent one text (bye bye 20c) they told me to send another text with my email address (bye bye another 20c) at which point they sent me an email.

Now, at this point I would like to point out that I have no idea whether or not I am getting charged, because there is no information anywhere to tell me one way or another. I feel like there should be, but that's just me.

I also think that they could have said: Text 'True' & your email address to 515 for more info. I realise its not a big sticker, but creatives are clever people.

Getting someone to text once is asking quite a bit, but twice? I'd love the know the drop off...

Anyway, it didn't faze me too much, the email (as below) directs you to the website to find out if you're eligible as a blood donor.
The good news is that I am eligible. The bad news is that there aren't any blood donor places near where I work and it is now all little too hard for me. If I happen to walk past a mobile unit one day I imagine that I will probably walk in, but its now too hard for me to hunt it out myself. Slack - yes I know. Sorry.

On another note however, I am hoping that with a new season there will be more great True Blood advertising. I loved this outdoor. So damn good.

No comments: