Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Unfortunate coincidence

Just as we all cringe when we read a story online about a plane crash which has a travel agent or airline display ad showing, it would seem banks cannot escape a similar unfortunate coincidence.
Slap bang in the middle of an article detailing a child's death which has been confirmed as swine flu related, is a BNZ ad with a little piggy.

I know that the pigs are now quite firmly THE campaign for BNZ, and there is not a lot of other creative for BNZ to run (I'm assuming this ad didn't work too well for them - since I've never seen it again??) but if I were them, I would have laid off the pigs during the height of the swine flu. Especially once the New Zealand deaths were reported. No one is going associate BNZ with swine flu deaths, but if feels a little bad-taste-ish to me.

No comments: